The Packard Automotive Plant in Detroit, once an innovative factory employing 40,000 workers, is now a decaying concrete building. Built in 1903, it was the first to use reinforced concrete in the automotive industry. The factory shifted its productions during both World Wars but eventually closed in 1956. Since then, the premises has been used for various purposes, including rave parties. The City of Detroit tried but failed to sell the property multiple times. The latest plan for the plant is large-scale demolition. Today, it remains neglected and serves as a symbol of Detroit's economic decline.